The Aubertin organ in St Louis’s Church (France).
St Louis’s Church
in Vichy (France).
Jean Convert photo, Sept 16, 2001.
The French emperor Napoléon III ordered the erection of the St Louis’s Church in Vichy, devoted by Mgr. de Dreux-Breze on July 2, 1865. Its external frontage presents bays in semicircular arch and a rose window in a transition of Gothic style, or romano-Burgundian style. Stained glasses represent saints bearing the names of certain members of the Bonaparte family.
Andre Piroche (Vichy) photo.
St Napoleon (Detail)
Since 1802, St Napoleon Day may appear on August 15th, the Assomption Day. But the high clergy worked that affair cleverly:
more about Saint Neopolius...
First stone in 1862
devoted by Mgr. of Dreux-Breze on July 2, 1865
Jean LEFAURE, architect of the French State at the "Cie fermière", also signed the first country cottage of the emperor.
Anatole DAUVERGNE (1812-1870), interior decoration
CORBEL, sculptor (capitals, emblems, baptismal funds …)
Auguste HILDEBRAND, founder of bells (1875)
PACCARD, Annecy, foundry of bells (1919)
Alphonse OSBERT (1857-1939), strengthened painting of the chorus (12m x 2m)
BOEHM brothers from Mulhouse, altar out of carved wooden
LUSSON and OUDINOT, glass Masters , Paris
Raymond RIVOIRE (1884-1966), statue of saint Louis, 1944
Saint-Louis de Vichy, Jacques Corrocher with the collaboration of Germaine Marol, Paroisse St-Louis, 1990, 150 pages. In this booklet, Françoise Pouradier Duteil presents the history of the organ.